Posts : ISRO offers the position of Scientist/Engineer 'SC' in the Pay Band(PB-3) of Rs.15600-39100 with Grade Pay Rs.5400/- to the young graduates in the following engineering disciplines :-
1. Electronics 2. Mechanical 3. Computer Science
1. Electronics 2. Mechanical 3. Computer Science
- BE/B.Tech or equivalent qualification in first class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks (average of all semesters for which results are available) or CGPA 6.84 on a ten scale. Minimum of 65% marks or CGPA 6.84 in section B alone for candidates with AMIE/Grad IETE qualification. Candidates who are going to complete the above course in the academic year 2015-16 are also eligible to apply provided final Degree is available by 31/8/2016.
- 35 years as on 25/05/2016. Ex-Servicemen and Persons with Disabilities are eligible for age relaxation as per Govt. of India orders.
How to apply :
- The application for on-line registration will be hosted on the ISRO web-site between 05/05/2016 and 25/05/2016. Candidates may visit our web-site at www.isro.gov.in to register their applications on-line between 05/05/2016 and 25/05/2016. Applications will be received on-line only. Upon registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference. E-mail ID of the applicant will have to be given in the application compulsorily. The on-line application has to be invariably followed-up with a 'No Objection Certificate' from the employer concerned, by those already in employment under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies, duly indicating the name and Reg. No. on the reverse.
- Payment of Application Fee : There will be an Application Fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred Only) for each application. After registration of application on-line, the candidates have to down-load and print the personalized payment challan form, in triplicate, from the ISRO system which will contain Name of the candidate, Registration Number, Receipt Account Number, Advertisement No., and Post code. The candidates may visit the nearest branch of State Bank of India for remittance of application fee to Receipt Account (32034064593), by using the personalized payment challan of State Bank of India on any day between 05/05/2016 and 26/05/2016. The candidates may down-load and print the personalized payment challan from the ISRO system on any day between 05/05/2016 and 25/05/2016 and remit the application fee before the prescribed last date i.e, 26/05/2016. Upon remittance of the application fee, one copy of the challan form will be retained by State Bank [Bank copy] and remaining two parts will be given to the candidate. Out of the two challan parts, the candidate has to send one part of the challan form [ISRO copy] to Sr. Administrative Officer(ICRB), ISRO Headquarters, Antariksh Bhavan, New BEL Road, Bengaluru - 560094 by "ORDINARY POST ONLY" superscribing on the envelope "ICRB - RECRUITMENT OF SCIENTIST/ENGINEER 'SC'" within 7 days of filing of application and in any case not later than 01/06/2016. The remaining copy of challan form [Applicant copy] shall be retained by the candidate for future reference. The payment shall be made through cash deposit only. Payment of Application fee in any other form like cash, cheque, draft, money order, IPO, etc, are not allowed. Applications in respect of which copy of challan form, after remittance of prescribed application fee [ISRO copy] is not received in ISRO HQ, Bengaluru on or before 01/06/2016, will not be considered for further processing under any circumstances.
- Women candidates/Scheduled Castes (SC)/ Scheduled Tribes (ST); Ex-servicemen [EX] and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee. However, after registration of application on-line, the candidates have to down-load and print the personalized registration confirmation form from the ISRO system which will contain the Name of the candidate, Registration Number, Advertisement No.,and Post code for future reference
- The candidates who are already employed under Central Govt/State Govt/PSU/Autonomous Body have to send a 'No Objection Certificate' from the employer concerned, duly indicating their Registration Number and Post Code to the Sr. Administrative Officer [ICRB], ISRO Headquarters, Bengaluru within seven days of filing the applications on-line by the candidates and in any case not later than 01.06.2016.
- Candidates may apply for the post any of the disciplines mentioned in the drop-down menu (Step 3) of the Application form.
- The posts are temporary, but are likely to permanently.
- The number of posts indicated above are provisional and may vary depending on the actual requirements.
- The appointees are liable to be posted in any of the Centres/Units of the Indian Space Research Organisation/Department of Space situated anywhere in India as and when required. For details of ISRO/DOS Centres/Units, please visit http://www.isro.gov.in/about-isro/isro-centres
- Candidates may have to work on round the clock shift basis depending on the functional requirements.
- Candidates attending the interview will be reimbursed to and fro second-class train fare by the shortest route from the city indicated in the on-line application form to the place of interview (change of address and city for the purpose will not be entertained).
- Candidates called for interview will have to produce all relevant original documents in proof of details furnished in their applications submitted on-line, at the time of interview. If any information furnished on-line is found to be wrong or false, the candidate will not be interviewed and TA will not be paid.
- No TA will be paid for attending the Written Test.
- ISRO reserves the right not to fill up all or any of the posts, if it so desires.
- Only Indian Nationals need apply.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained. In case of any clarification candidates may send their mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
The candidate should have first class with minimum 65% marks or CGPA 6.84 on a ten scale in the Qualifying Degree ie, BE/B.Tech or equivalent. . Minimum of 65% marks or CGPA 6.84 in section B alone for candidates with AMIE/Grad IETE qualification.. Please note that this prescribed qualification the MINIMUM requirement and the same does not automatically make candidates eligible for written test. The written test will be conducted on 03/07/2016 at ten venues viz., Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi and Thiruvananthapuram. However, the Organisation reserves the right to cancel/change the written test venue and re-allot the candidates to any other test centre. The call letters for the written test to the short- listed candidates will be sent only by e-mail during the last week of June 2016. Based on the performance in the Written Test, candidates will be short-listed for interview, the schedule and venue of which will be notified. Written test is only a first level screening and written test score will not be considered for final selection process. Final selection will be based on the performance of the candidates in the Interview and those who secure minimum 60% marks in the interview will be eligible for consideration for empanelment in the selection panel, in the order of merit.
Pay and Allowances:
Selected candidates will be appointed as Scientist/Engineer'SC' in the pay band (PB-3) of Rs. 15600-39100 with grade pay of Rs 5400/-. The gross emoluments in the minimum of pay band will at present be approximately Rs 45,990/-p.m. In addition, House Rent Allowance [HRA] and Transport Allowance at the prescribed rates in force at the place of posting will be paid for those who are not availing limited Departmental Housing and Transport facility, respectively. The employees will be governed by the New Pension Scheme. On employment in ISRO, other facilities are available such as medical facilities for self and dependants, subsidized canteen, Leave Travel Concession, Group Insurance, advances for purchase of conveyance, construction of house, etc as per Central Government orders.
It is for the candidate to ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility criteria and complie with the requirements and adheres to the instructions contained in this advertisement as well as in the application form. Candidates are, therefore, urged to carefully read the advertisement and complete the application form and submit the same as per instructions given in this regard.